…it has been ten years, almost to the day, when this ol’ Scots Jurassic decided it was just ‘time to write that novel we all have in us’… what started as a personal ‘bucket list’ item evolved into an amazing scribbler’s journey, which sustains its magic for me to this day… I trudged the newbie author’s familiar road to literary destiny as so many, many others before me… letters to prospective agents and publishing houses… rejections by the sheaf-load… the first novel tentatively prodded onto Auntie Amazon Kindle… followed by the second, the third, and now #6 is Work-in-Progress… the realisation that the SOSYAL NETWURKS held the key to reaching out to a potential global readership… the building of a blog following… the learning curves (plural!) of proofreading, cover art, editing, pricing mechanisms… discovering various distribution channels… add in the continual scourge of piracy that criminally robs we…
View original post 188 more words
“Today I thrilled to share a powerful story of resilience in the face of tragedy. Angel is a 13-year-old biracial girl who has spent most of her childhood in and out of hospitals due to terminal illness.
In this short video, you will meet Angel with her bright smile, and her best friend White Bear. Together, they are bringing smiles to children’s hospitals everywhere thanks to the multiracial chapter book that depicts Angel’s journey…”
Originally posted on black CATastrophy:
“Ok, Angel. It’s time to bring you down to the operating room. Are you ready?” asked the tall man with the funny mustache. His partner, the lady with the sparkly blue Converse sneakers nodded. “Yes, I’m ready,” said Angel. She…
I stumbled upon an indie book award contest and after reading all the benefits, rewards, opportunities, and other prizes, I decided to enter. What would make me, confirmed introverted indie book seller, enter a book award contest? Well, let me share my reasons!
These are my reasons for entering ATAI 2017 Book Award Contest.
- I knew some of the finalists and winners of the ATAI 2016 Book Award Contest. I knew they were quality writers. So I trusted the team’s talent radar from the start.
- The Indie support of ATAI was spoken about with enthusiasm by the finalists and winners so I wanted to know more about the supporting team. The team offers specialized services to their clients. I will address these below.
- Free book promotion.
- ATAI Featured Author Interviews.
- Assistance with Book covers and book cover contests.
- Assistance with book blurbs and book blurb contests.
- ATAI’s Online Presence is stellar…
View original post 497 more words